- Indigo powder to naturally deepen the intensity of our herbal hair colours.
- Indigo oxidizes when exposed to air and water so when the hair colour is mixed with hot water ready for use the indigo is activated.
- If you are looking for a natural alternative for chemical hair dyes, then indigo powder is a great choice.
- Indigo powder has amazing hair benefits and is got by powdering the leaves of indigo plant whose botanical name is Indigofera Tinctoria.
- The leaves produce dark blue dye and when applied as a hair dye after using henna, gives dark black colour. Hindi name- Neela English name-Indigo, Indian Indigo Telugu name- Nilimandu chettu, Aviri, Neela chettu Tamil name- Neelam, Avuri, Amari Malayalam name- Lita, Leela Botanica name- Indigofera tinctoria Linn.
- Indigo is mainly used in the form of hair oil for stimulating hair growth and in the form of a pack for dyeing the hair.
- For dyeing, it is applied after henna.
- Indigo Powder for Premature Graying of the Hair:
- Indigo leaf is an amazing home remedy for treating premature graying of the hair.