- The root bark has been used for treeating intestinal worms, fever, tumors, cough, amenorrhea, and to remove placenta after childbirth.
- The fruit is used for eliminating piles, wounds, leucorrhea and urinary disorders.
- Boiled leaves can be used for gargling to relieve sore throat.
- The leaves and seeds after roasted in castor oil can be applied to reduce piles, inflammatory swellings, orchitis and hydrocele.
- A paste made from the leaves and twigs is useful in reducing toothache.
- The juice extract of the leaves are used in controlling elephantiasis and smallpox.